Saturday, March 14, 2009

Buster's Birthday Celebration!

Yep! You read it here first! Today celebrates an official year of me having Mr. Buster. I adopted Buster-boy from a shelter in North Carolina; a two hour drive in the snow is what I endured to rescue this little pup on his last day before his euthinization shot.

As with any relationship, it has had its up and downs, good times and bad. For one, Buster is on allergy medicine for a skin irritation. One of the pills is your standard Benadryl. The other, I can't even pronounce but one of the side-effects of it is it makes dogs more anxious and want to chew more. So, while Buster is on it, if I don't crate him during my absence, he winds up chewing up my living room rug, plants, inkpens, or NetFlix DVD. So I look forward to when his skins clears up and I can get him off of the eat-anything meds.

Originally, for today, we were supposed to go and Buster was to spend the day playing with his other doggy buddies at a ranch I rented some space on for the day but had to cancel because of the rain. That was a bummer but we still had a good time. Buster got some gifts from people and I got him a doggy-cake from a young lady at church. Buster's best friend, Anderson, shared the cake with him and had a good time playing in the apartment together. As things settled down and people left and Buster got to rest, he got his second wind and started working on some of his presents left behind. Enjoy the slide show of the Buster Birthday Bash.

No comments: