Thursday, August 6, 2009

Conversation with Mom

This is in all sincerity, a conversation I had this week with my mom while visiting her after church to finish paying off some money I owed her for helping me purchase a piano a year ago.

Me: "This is awesome! I now have you paid off, school, and the credit card. Too bad the car isn't paid for or I could seriously start house shopping again."

Mom: "That will come, baby. So tell me, what are you going to do now that you're all paid off?"

Me: "I really want to start recording stuff. Bad! So, regretfully, I'm probably going to put $2,000 back on the credit-card again getting a Mac laptop."

Mom: "Well, just keep being smart with your money and I think you won't have a problem."

Me: "Always! Oh, I saw Transformers 2! I need to let you and Gary (step-father) borrow part 1 so you can check it out!"

Mom: "That would be nice. I remember when you were younger you used to have all of those things and could just change them so easily. It used to blow my mind."

Me: "Well, wait until you see the movie. Especially the second one! Geez! Completely baby-making material!"

Mom: "I really wish you wouldn't say that...."

Me. "Hm? What? Oh! Baby-making? Really?! Hahaha. That's just like... my way to say something is cool! I even use it at church!"

Mom: "...well. And what if your pastor hears you?"

Me: "Mark?! Hahaha. I have used it with him frequently and he has said it back. I'm not.. like, using it as a verb. It's an adjective... a way to describe something. Like, I don't know, this cornbread you made is awesome but on a higher level, so it's baby-making good! See?"

Mom: "...well. I really wish you wouldn't do that here... aren't you afraid of what people will think of you? What if they think you're (whispers) easy?"

Me: "Hahaha. Maybe I am. I don't know. Depends on the person! haha."

At this point my mom left the table and went to work in the garden or something. I just wanted to clarify to everyone, I am not easy, cheap or sleezy, I do not make babies or actively take part in trying to make babies. That would be baby-making stupid. I hope that clarifies some things.... for my mom.

2 comments:

Jason and Lisa Jones said...

I have no idea who you are but I just had to say this... This cracked me up so much! That is awesome! :)(I found your blog from a link from one of my friends blogs to their friends blogs thent o yours I guess....

michaelCODY said...

haha.