Since I have started training strangers now, something I used to absolutely refuse, it became apparent that this is a means of ministry for me. So, yeah, I teach pretty much anyone who approaches me, assuming I feel they have the correct heart for it. I have so many different "kinds" of faiths in my training hall now. One of my students is a pastor at a Unitarian Church and enjoys life as a pagan with her wife. Another is Jewish and doesn't believe in the story of Jesus or any New Testament. Another believes in God but his religion is Ninpo.
The thing is, these are truly nice, polite, down to earth people and a joy to be around. We train in a gymnasium inside a church I rent space from and none of them have even the slightest problem with training there. That to me is amazing. I have met people that have Ninpo as a religion and while I don't understand it, I just let them live their life and help them in any way I can. I love talking with the Jewish girl and discussing Old Testament, the best I can, and moreso on things like actual Faith/Belief in God. They are more focused on doing acts to get in good graces than living what a Christian, per say, would deem a proper life. But who am I to judge? No one. The only person I can judge is myself, no matter how often I want to point at someone else. The pagan girl however, I just don't understand at all, to be honest. They do teach the Bible, but more as folklore moral stories which are used the same way as the turtle vs. the rabbit in the race. It is harder to discuss things with her, however, because where as I just take what I study and learn from church, she went to school for. Anyway, she sent me this interesting, if you will, link to try to help me see more where she comes from.
Maybe because of the different types of people like the above mentioned is another reason I never wanted to publicly teach. I don't know. But I'm doing well so far and maintaining my strong footing in my belief and my faith in my God.
1 comment:
I'm glad you're doing this, and know it will be good for both you and your students.
Post a Comment