Because it has been awhile. Cliffnotes of my life to get you caught up.
Met a girl at my friends martial arts class. Partnered with her. Showed her a technique. It was a variation of what her teacher showed her, so she said I was doing it wrong. Was stunned, didn't say anything about it. Planned to attend training seminar with my friend in Indiana. Girl convinced me she should ride with me to help with gas. Girl rode and talked nonstop the whole 8 hours. Girl flirted whole time. I was unaware. Girl did same the whole trip back. I was unaware. (Thought that's just how she was with guys, or like I was the gay buddy-guy.) Girl called me next day said she missed hanging out. Thought to myself, man, I don't want to be a girl's gay buddy-guy; I'm friggin' straight. Girl came to visit after training that week. Basically said we were dating. I rejected; said we would talk about it over dinner. We did. She said that was our first date. I rejected; we were eating discussing. Girl went to Florida for a week, came back and we were officially dating (I thought) but she said it was an official relationship instead. I still don't know the difference in dating and a relationship. To me, they are the same.
Conflicts with religious beliefs with girlfriend because she was Jewish. Conflicts with family values beliefs with girlfriend because she was (I guess) a Floridian and not a Tennessean. Getting closer to girl; defenses go up, close off. Girl gets upset. Girlfriend wants to come to church with me to understand me, my background, and beliefs more. Celebrate Michael Jackson 'This Is It' concert with girl. She was bored. I thought it was as good as church and cried the whole time starting with the first 15seconds. Halloween with girlfriend. Carved first pumpkin ever. It was gross. Thanksgiving with girlfriend. Stressful. I got in trouble because she overslept because I didn't call to wake her up. Explain that please. Bought first Christmas tree for apartment. Put it up with girlfriend. First Christmas with girlfriend. Stayed at mom's overnight and ate all day. Rock!
Bought first house. Moved in two days after Christmas. Freaked out when girlfriend wanted to look at paint colors together. Closed up again. Girlfriend got baptised. Gave girlfriend 'Love Dare' devotional book. Let down defenses some. Enjoying book. Looking forward to painting with picked out colors with girlfriend. Looking forward to not running heat anymore when she visits. Girlfriend constantly jams to Christian songs while helping work on house. Girlfriend ringtones are Chris Tomlin songs. Love Chris Tomlin but getting over Chris Tomlin. Miss Fright Night Friday Nights and Sci-Fi Saturday Nights (scary movies and science fiction movies). Miss eating meats each night. All in all though, everything is going well.
P.S. Love the Girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment