Thursday, August 26, 2010

Breathe

I actually didn't write this during the time of my accident. I wrote it last summer in my apartment on the back of a print out of the song "Precious Lord, Take My Hand." I've hesitated putting it up here for a good while; not sure why. I actually really look forward to recording it though because I can hear all of the dark instrumental pieces and medical equipment sounds in the background of the track.


Breathe

I can’t eat and I can’t see.
The morphine takes away my dreams
I’m sorry, forgive me.
The pains so great, can’t even think.
Frozen in this hospital bed
Screaming to the Lord, wish I were dead.
I tell everyone the prayers I’ve said
But the conversations in my head.

Chorus: But I will breathe. Try to find some peace. 2x

Any source of light makes me scream.
The pain so bright it’s blinding me.
Mother, I’m sorry, this is happening.
Vision gone, now I’m incomplete.
Crying tears and giving in.
Listening close and hear no friends.
Family tells me, God has a plan for me.
I’m just hoping, it’s without the machines.

Chorus: And so I will breathe. Try to find my peace. 2x

Bones in my face crushed from the blow.
All hopes and dreams, I see them go.
Mother, I’m sorry, I’m to blame.
We had another fight again.
Sweat and blood from my face.
Shattered bones, memories erased.
Doctors say, I’ll never be the same.
But I’m still here by God’s good Grace.

Chorus: And I can breathe. And I’ve found peace. 2x

No comments: