Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Beginnings

Today.... freaking awesome. Started out rough; late for church due to some crazy interstate shutdown and also freaking out because I was idling in the same spot for 10minutes with my fuel gauge on E. And I'm not talking about my favorite guitar chord. Finally making it to church late (which I hate because you feel guilty and lazy), we went thru the songset for the service. My in-ears weren't working, I couldn't get some of the timing right on some of the notes; things were just going blah.

I get a call from my mom before service starts that she wants me to come to her house as soon as I can after church. So, service starts and man is it awesome. And not to toot my own horn but freaking TEWT TEWT my bass playing today was better than I have ever done before. I was walking and thumping and riding different notes around.... daaaaang. If it wasn't in a church setting, I would call that baby making music! The message was awesome, the kids did an educational skit that was so ridiculous that I can't forget it because it is actually informative and easy (think of the goofy B-I-B-L-E song). We had a really cool instrumental piece which was a metaphor for God's creation of the world.... just sweet stuff.

So, I jet off and head to my moms and behold, my sister is there. Jenny apparently showed up at my mom's church with her new boyfriend (yes, I examined him and tested him out a bit). We ate lunch, I picked up Buster and brought him back to mom's so he could run about the yard, played around with Jenny and her boyfriend and it was just an awesome day. Not to go into details about my sister because matters are private but if you and I are really close, than you know whats been going on. But, today, Jenny and I were closer than we have been in probably 8 years and it was really great. She is bettering herself, or recreating herself and she is truly making an effort this time. Jenny told me she would like to visit my church sometime when she isn't working and that to me was even more awesome than my baby-making bass lines today. And so big up to God for today; I drink to you, baby. *downs a Cherry Coke*

No comments: