Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Some July Updates

Yeah, nothing really deep here. It's been an exciting past two months. I finally decided to start up a Knoxville training group allowing other people to participate than just three guys I know from school. I'm working on graphics to get a site started so if anyone knows a developer or site-host, please let me know. I have always loved big cats, mainly tigers, and since highschool, I always thought if I had a group/school, I would name it Silent Tiger Martial Arts. But for some reason, it seems kind of a goofy, generic fightclub title to me; also sounds like a store kind of... so I went with the name 'Musei Tora Taijutsu' which is Japanese for Silent Tiger Body Techniques. haha. Same thing basically, but it sounds less McDojoish because it's in Japanese. I guess. So yeah, I've had a few people from church come train and not come back after their first session. Apparently I'm not a good host I guess. I also don't know how to sell it. People call me or email me all the time and say, "well tell me about it. I'm very interested." I get excited and usually say something like, "well, it's not a sporty competition martial art so there are no trophies or tournaments. Each time you are able to go home to your family and loved ones, that is your trophy." They say that sounds good and I continue. "Sometimes we train outside and it gets hold and cold, it rains, it snows (rarely), you sweat, you bleed, you bruise and limp; sometimes I can barely hold the steering wheel going home." This is usually where they lose interest. So, yeah, I need to learn to get better at sales.

I've been writing a lot. I hope to record a professional sounding album by fall; spring at the latest if financially, things don't work out. I'm looking forward to it because rather than bring in 'professional' musicians with degrees or lifetime experience, I am just bringing in friends I grew up with or have gone to church with. I'm really excited/nervous about it. Without giving too much away, it's a personal album for me. It's kind of a diary I guess and has to do with my relationships; both with women of past and Christ. So yeah, it's a relationship album. Is that weird? Having a CD with songs of girls and Christ on the same one? I don't know. I also don't know if I should try to market it on things like Itunes or CDbaby or Amazon. What if people don't get it? Or don't like it? I don't know.

Also, I have the credit card paid off now so getting ready to get the Presonus Firepod/station for recording. They have different models though; I think a 10 and 16 channel. Which would be more suitable?? Also need to finally break down and get a mobile computer so I can't decide between PC or Mac. Getting legit information on which is better from the net is impossible because any youtube video just bashes the other and info pages just say it's up to you. I have always worked with PC and used to try to make it crash so basically, I can fix any PC without any issues so I don't really worry about stuff like that. But, Macs cant upgrade, is what I'm understanding, and I dont know how to problemsolve their issues. I do graphics, music, and like playing with video so apparently Mac is designed for 'me' but again, I don't know. Feedback please.

No comments: