It seems too surreal. As of an hour ago, his body was flown to the morgue for autopsy. I keep waiting to hear that he is actually ok. Maybe it was misinformation or a gimmick for his new album which is supposed to be released soon. I really just don't know what to think. My friends have called my phone nonstop and I just can't talk to any of them. Michael Jackson? Passed away? That's not even possible; not for him.
Before I was introduced to the music styles of Elvis, THIS was THE guy I went to for music when I was needing to be inspired to write a girl a poem, needing to get rid of my frustrations, get me to feel relaxed or energetic. I still listen to him when I am having the crappiest of days and 10seconds of The Way You Make Me Feel has my feet stomping the floor and my head bopping away as I sit at my desk in the office wearing a hole into the floor.
At this point, I still don't really know what to think or feel. I just know that I will miss him, through all of the critcisms and mockery from people, I will still love him, and still think of what music can and should be, with him.
"He will never die. He will never, ever die." -Celine Dion
"The world has lost one of its greats, but his music will live on forever." -Madonna
"Michael showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life! He made me believe in magic." -Sean Puffy Combs
"We'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player." -John Mayer
"I have no words. I loved Michael Jackson. Rest in Peace." -MC Hammer
"This is one of the saddest days in music history." -Kelly Rowland
Michael Jackson made the music I dream I could and Michael Jackson had touched the hearts I wish I could.
No comments:
Post a Comment