Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jesus Camp

Wow. And not really an exciting, impressed kind of 'wow.' People I work with for about a year have told me that I should check out the A&E documentary entitled Jesus Camp. I will go ahead and admit that some of it I did think was neat or could had been. Other parts, however, just really freaked me out or ticked me off. I know everyone has their own opinions on things but as for me, this documentary was scarier than most zombie flicks I watch. I won't list the things about this that I didn't care for simply because it would take too long but the main jest is turning religion even further into politics than it already is and literally brainwashing kids instead of letting them decide if their religion is right for them or not. I've gone to church all my life but it took me until I was 18 to go to church on my own accord and enjoy it. It also took me to 26 to finally start to understand things about God that these kids have not really learned thru experience but by constantly being forcefed data about who is right and which religions are wrong. Rent it and form your own opinion I guess.
*Note: You can watch the whole movie in different segments here*

No comments: